• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 large onion, diced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 carrots, sliced into ribbons or matchsticks
• 2 stalks celery, diced
• 1 large potato, diced
• 1 bell pepper, diced
• 1 cup corn kernels (frozen or fresh)
• 1 cup green beans, chopped
• 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
• 4 cups vegetable broth
• 1 cup plant-based “chicken” strips or chunks (e.g., seitan, tofu, or tempeh)
• 1 can (14 oz) butter beans or lima beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 cup okra, sliced (optional)
• 1-2 cups Que Queen’s Jammin’ Reduced Sugar BBQ Sauce (adjust to taste)
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional for extra smokiness)
• 1 tablespoon liquid amino acids or vegan Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
• A dash of hot sauce (optional)
1. Prep the Veggies: Dice the onion, celery, potato, and bell pepper. Mince the garlic. Slice carrots into ribbons or matchsticks. If using frozen veggies, thaw them before cooking.
2. Sauté the Basics: In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, ribboned carrots, and celery. Sauté until onions are translucent.
3. Add More Veggies: Add the diced potato, bell pepper, corn, and green beans. Stir well.
4. Pour in the Liquids: Add diced tomatoes (with juice), vegetable broth, liquid amino acids, and liquid smoke. Stir to combine.
5. Add Plant-Based Protein: Incorporate your plant-based “chicken” into the pot.
6. Stir in the Magic: Add the drained butter beans and Que Queen’s Jammin’ Reduced Sugar BBQ Sauce. Mix well.
7. Season: Add salt, pepper, and smoked paprika to taste. For a little kick, add a dash of hot sauce.
8. Let It Simmer: Reduce heat, cover, and let it simmer for about 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add okra if using and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
9. Taste and Adjust: Do a taste test and adjust seasoning or BBQ sauce as needed.
10. Serve and Enjoy: Serve hot, perhaps with a slice of cornbread on the side, and let everyone feel that homey embrace in every bite!