- 1 lb (450g) ground beef
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- SGT Hart's BBQ Sauce (your favorite flavor)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Hamburger buns
- Condiments and toppings of your choice (lettuce, tomato, pickles, etc.)
Preheat your smoker or grill to medium-high heat for indirect cooking.
In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the mushrooms, onions, and minced garlic until they become tender and slightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, BBQ sauce, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
Divide the beef mixture into 8 equal portions and shape them into patties.
- Fill 4 with the onion and mushrooms mixture and top with another patty and reshape.
- Place the patties on the smoker or grill and cook for about 4-6 minutes per side, or until they reach your desired level of doneness.
- During the last few minutes of cooking, top each patty with a slice of Swiss cheese and allow it to melt.
While the burgers are cooking, lightly toast the hamburger buns on the grill.
Once the burgers are cooked and the cheese has melted, remove them from the smoker or grill.
Assemble the burgers by placing a patty on the bottom half of each toasted bun.
Add any additional condiments and toppings of your choice, such as lettuce, tomato, or pickles.
Finally, place the top half of the bun on each burger, and serve your delicious mushroom and onion smoked hamburgers with Swiss cheese immediately.